I couldn’t make cookies for the longest time. And it upset me beyond anything. I wanted to, just once, make chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside, wonderful chocolate chip cookies and I just couldn’t! It was quite a predicament.
And then, I discovered some wonderful secrets.
Secret #1: Parchment paper.
Secret #2: Cold, unsalted butter.
Here now I will show you how to make the most wonderful crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
8 tbsps cold unsalted butter, diced
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Then, combine both sugars.
2. Add in the cold, diced and unsalted butter.
3. Cream the butter with the sugars. And, of course, I do not own any sort of electric mixer device, so I spent around 10 minutes beating and beating the poor butter and sugars with a wooden spoon. One of these days though…
4. Add in your egg.
5. Mix in the vanilla, baking soda, flour, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Add in the delicious parts. I like my cookies full and chunky. Feel free to add fewer chips or add in some walnuts or pecans or M&Ms or anything else your heart desires.
7. Spoon onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2″ apart. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. The cookies will be super squishy when you remove them from the oven, don’t worry though, they will harden as they cool.
Now, I don’t have any “after baking” pictures of these because they got devoured before I had the chance to photograph them. They were a hit!