I make many variations of this dish simply because it is a quick and easy (and very filling!) dinner. There’s no right or wrong way to do it and you can use whatever you have on hand at the time.
I did it this way on this particular day:
Zahra’s Tofu stir fry
1 tbsp salted butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 diced carrot
1/2 package extra firm tofu (I like to dice mine)
1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, put your butter and garlic, you don’t need to melt the butter yet. I jumped the gun a little and did it anyways.
2. Chop up some scallions
4. Turn on the stove to a medium-high heat setting. Add the scallions and any other vegetables you have at that time. Yummy veggies I’ve added in the past have included zucchini and squash and broccoli. Spinach is also extra delicious here. It was almost grocery day so I didn’t have anything other than carrots that day.
5. Slice the tofu into 1/4″ slices. You can then leave them like this or dice ’em up. I almost always do.
6. Let all these ingredients hang out for a while. Salt and pepper them while they’re hangin’. Then, add in a splash of soy sauce! Try not to splash outside the saucepan as I do.
7. Do you know how delicious a soy sauce and brown sugar combination is? Well, it’s super delicious. You should try it.
8. And serve with a starch of your choice! I had pasta so I used pasta. And then I doused everything in grated pepper jack cheese because I love cheese. Oh so much.